- Boston, MA, US
- Mid-Level, Senior, Lead
- Remote & On-site
- $ 13,000 - 150,000
- star_border Unlimited vacation
- star_border Competitive salary and company equity
- star_border Free fruit, yogurt, cereal, snacks, and coffee
- star_border Flexible hours and work environment
- star_border An engineering culture team dedicated to developer growth & happiness
- star_border Management and technology workshops
- star_border $5,000 tuition reimbursement
- star_border Healthy @ HubSpot wellness programs
- star_border Resource Groups: PeopleofColor@HubSpot, LGBTQ Alliance, Women@HubSpot
- star_border Parental Benefits, Programming, & Perks (Bring Your Kids to Work Day)
About the team
The Data Infrastructure teams at HubSpot are responsible for building and maintaining data storage technologies across the product. Teams work with a variety of open source technologies like MySQL, Vitess, Hadoop HBase, Kafka, Spark, and Elastic Search all running on AWS.
One of the primary objectives is to automate the deployments, configuration, and recoverability of data stores to efficiently scale storage systems. Teams also take on projects to improve the client-side interaction with the data stores with analysis tools and wrapper client interfaces. A number of our teams are active contributors to the Open Source projects that they work on.
We’re operationally responsible for a huge volume of traffic to and from these data stores. Our HBase clusters serve over 3 million requests/second across 220+ tables, while our ElasticSearch clusters serve over 20k searches/second and 50k indexes/second to 90+ billion documents.
Streaming that data to and from applications amounts to more than 3 GB/sec of data through our Kafka clusters, with hundreds of producers and consumers.
What we’re looking for
We’re looking for talented software engineers to help us build the vision of making our database access simple, intuitive, highly performant and highly reliable to our customers and HubSpot application developers.
The goal of the team is to implement a comprehensive set of intelligent features that will drive the productivity of using any of our data stores at scale and with the highest possible reliability.
Bonus points for being:
- Someone with experience developing automation or is a power user of one or more of the above-mentioned data storage technologies.
- Willingness and ability to work with the user base, in this case, other developers, to define and build tools that make the lives of application developers easier and their code less error-prone through automation.
- Interested in working with and supporting infrastructure at scale.
- Someone who has shown that they can solve complicated technical problems and analyze tradeoffs with empathy for the developers, yet building creative solutions.
- Able to demonstrate pragmatic decision making and problem-solving abilities.