- Senior, Lead
- star_border Health Insurance through Blue Cross of MA and an HSA
- star_border Generous PTO and flexible work schedules, work-life balance is key
- star_border On-site gym in our facility
- star_border 401k through Fidelity
- star_border Work from home twice a week or all the time if you're fully remote!
- star_border We have get-togethers throughout the year to game, laugh and have fun
- star_border Free parking on-site at our Watch Factory HQ
Ledgex is the first FinTech specifically focused on fixing the data quality challenges in multi-asset investing (think endowments, foundations, family offices). In a highly analytical industry, data quality is foundational. Today, in most offices, that foundation relies on layers of manual entry, carefully interconnected systems, reconciliation, and heroic effort.
We're building a better option, a solid foundation that provides better data quality and enables offices to more confidently and successfully manage complex portfolios. But we need more smart, user-focused, inquisitive, and talented engineers to continue delivering on that vision.
Why we need you
We're developing a suite to serve as that foundation, able to plug in to systems that clients already have or provide options when they don't. The team is expanding, relying on engineers like you that can dig in and learn the business, build software with an eye towards the user experience, operate at all levels of our stack, and grow with us. We're doing hard analytics for real people when muddy data provenance and low frequency is far too normal.
Here's what you'll be doing
In a typical month, you will collaborate on prototypes, develop features in React/Typescript/C#/SQL including automated tests and telemetry, peer review work from your teammates, deploy regularly to production (fully automated), and contribute to improving our tools and architecture.
- Work with Product Managers and clients to develop the platform
- Provide technical leadership for one of our suite modules and mentor peers
- Build features, from concept and digging into details with Product Managers through development and successful operation in production
- Take part in continuous improvement of our team, culture, processes, and software
- Make us better by bringing complementary expertise to a team of fullstack engineers
To be successful, we believe you need experience in
- Writing and shipping high quality software: from empty file to excited end user
- Delivering features in complex web products over the full stack: web components and CSS with front-end business logic through API endpoints, server-side business logic, and data stores
- Supporting your products in production: reactively by troubleshooting bugs and proactively by increasing visibility through tooling and improved telemetry
- Working collaboratively with non-developers: joining your technical expertise with their domain expertise to deliver great solutions
- Startups and/or small teams: We're a startup, we're pretty far along but we are still learning and refining direction as we go
Deeper expertise in one or two relevant areas, such as: UI/UX, accessibility, charting and graphics, front-end frameworks and architecture, back-end services and/or distributed systems, security (OWASP, etc) distributed logs (Kafka/Event Hubs/Kinesis), or Azure services.
We would be really interested if you could show expertise in
- Institutional investing, with exposure to accounting and/or analytics related to alternative investments such as hedge funds, private equity and venture capital
- Our technologies: ASP.Net Core, React, Typescript, HTML/CSS, MS SQL Server, Azure, Azure Storage + Event Hubs
We are headquartered in Waltham MA, with remote folks in Virginia, North Carolina, and South Carolina. This role is a full-time remote or local (Waltham MA) opportunity. Employees enjoy competitive benefits, including insurance coverage (health, dental, vision), 401k, PTO, a casual working environment, flexible hours, plus education benefits and more.
We believe that diverse and inclusive teams build better products and outcomes. Ledgex Systems is an equal opportunity employer.
Please note that we're only able to accept candidates located in the US at this time.
No unsolicited agencies please.