- Boston, MA, US
- Senior, Lead
- Remote & On-site
- star_border Comprehensive health, vision, and dental insurance
- star_border Competitive salary plus equity
- star_border 3 weeks PTO
- star_border Commuter benefits
- star_border Remote work friendly
At Underline, we are driven by a singular mission: to ensure the vibrancy of our nation through building intelligent community infrastructure. We work with communities across the United States to design, finance, and construct open access fiber-optic networks. We believe these networks are the essential foundation for ultra-fast access to information, a competitive market for content and services, job formation and reskilling for workers, distributed healthcare services, new wireless solutions, and resilient modern infrastructure including responsible energy creation.
We’re looking for a full-time data scientist/engineer to join our Boston-based Data Science team.
Our Data Science team provides analytic excellence, thought leadership, and data-driven insights to solve complex problems and support our mission. We help stakeholders across the organization with their decision making process as they work with local governments, investors, partners, and communities to select and prioritize projects across the U.S.
Spend your time with us as we help support the vitality and resilience of communities.
- Apply analytics, machine learning, and artificial intelligence to transform geospatial, demographic, and financial data into actionable business insights that will:
- develop the computational framework to evaluate community financial health and predict future community outcomes
- inform the deployment of fiber-optic networks across the U.S.
- Help refine our Data Science computing environment, in collaboration with our Engineering Team
- Build data visualization solutions to share your results with the organization, investors, and communities
- You are hungry, humble, and curious
- You have excellent analytical, quantitative, and problem-solving skills
- You want to solve extremely hard problems in the realms of data science, data engineering, and artificial intelligence
- You are an intrinsic self-starter and enjoy taking on new challenges
- You want to be part of the early stages of a company where everything you build matters
- You want a highly collaborative environment, comprised of diverse subject matter experts in finance, government, infrastructure, and tech
- You care about building critical intelligent infrastructure to increase community vitality and improve resilience
- We offer bold solutions to drive positive, sustainable change
- We approach our work with humility, integrity, and intellectual rigor
- We are agile and relentless in pursuit of our mission
- We have a mentality of service: to our mission, and to each other
- We are dedicated to building and sustaining a culture of flourishing
- We optimize our efforts to create positive sum for community and capital
- Proficiency with basic data science tools and DB programming such as SQL, R or Python
- Basic knowledge of GIS spatial data analysis and techniques to identify patterns and trends
- Experience building digital maps with geographic data and other data sources to display various demographic characteristics and statistics
- Experience with data collection, cleaning, wrangling, manipulation, analysis, and visualization, especially with maps, shapefiles, and geospatial data