- IDS International
- Arlington, VA, US
- Remote & On-site
- star_border Fully covered health insurance by employer.
- star_border Flexible work schedule.
- star_border Strong company culture.
- star_border High 401(k) matching.
- star_border Professional development opportunities.
- star_border Driven, collaborative team.
MeteorJS Specialist/ Software Engineer
IDS believes in resolving conflict and building innovative approaches to do so. Combining operational expertise with an intimate understanding of today’s greatest challenges to bring our customers the solutions required for success in a complex and multidimensional world. We tailor solutions for a diverse range of government, military, nonprofit, and public-sector clients.
Social Media Environment and Internet Replication (SMEIR™), a product of IDS International Government Services, is a digital training solution that provides a full-range, free-play, immersive, realistic and scalable operational practice environment in which warfighters simultaneously train on full-spectrum cyberspace operations and social media analytics during integrated and multi-dimensional exercises.
IDS International is seeking a MeteorJS Specialist/ Software Engineer to join our growing team and build out the next generation of our internet simulation platform, called SMEIR. The Software Engineer will replicate various websites and social media platforms that will be used for cyber-training exercises. IDSI’s engineering team uses a modified Scrum/Agile process. Candidate must be at ease working in an agile environment with little supervision. IDSI uses Slack, Jira and Git for project and software management. Our main office is in Arlington, VA but we are in the process of opening at office in Raleigh, NC.
- Rapidly develop MeteorJS facsimiles of real websites and web applications, such as Twitter, YouTube, Craigslist, and GoFundMe, which will be used in a synthetic cyberspace training environment.
- Follow the software development lifecycle (SDLC) to plan, design, build, test, and deploy other software applications, ranging from mobile applications to web applications, video games, back end processes, and APIs.
- In addition to creating new software, improve and maintain the working order of existing software.
Minimum 3 years professional experience with:
- Building and using RESTful or gRPC APIs.
- Familiarity with common *nix command line tools (WSL is sufficient).
- Familiarity with Microservice Architecture.
- Undergraduate Degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Experience with:
- other node.js frameworks.
- MongoDB architecture, sharding, and performance tuning.
- MeteorJS build process.
- Experience with Agile development methodologies.
Employee needs to be able to sit at a workstation for extended periods; use hand(s) to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. Most positions require ability to work on desktop or laptop computer for extended periods of time reading, reviewing/analyzing information, and providing recommendations, summaries and/or reports in written format. Must be able to effectively communicate with others verbally and in writing. Employee may be required to occasionally lift and/or move moderate amounts of weight, typically less than 20 pounds. Regular and predictable attendance is essential.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by federal, state, and local law.
If you are unable to apply via the portal and need to speak to someone about necessary accommodations to apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will follow up with you. Do not submit resumes and applications via this email.