- Virail GmbH
- Berlin, DE
- Mid-Level, Senior
- Remote & On-site
- € 50,000 - 67,000
What we do
Virail is a travel transportation portal with customers across more than 30 countries. Every year we help more than 50 million users to find the perfect solution for their trip. Our comparison tool works with more than 200 transportation companies and lets you find the optimal travel solutions, no matter your needs.
Who we are
We’re a team of seasoned industry professionals with experience in major firms including Google, Trivago, Facile.it, Smava, Jimdo and Happycar, now on a quest to make travel easier and faster for everyone.
You will join a cross-functional team consisting of engineering and product professionals. Our team is in charge of improving the Virail web application with the goal to provide the best travel solution possible for our users.
You will work at the interface between frontend and backend, making you the owner of various potential tasks:
Dig yourself through our massive storage of search data, process it and make it accessible on the landing pages to guide our users with additional information and predictions regarding price and availability.
Jumping on the integration side to enable more transport partners (bus, train etc.) will help increasing our global coverage - and of course, keeping a state-of-the-art architecture will be an ongoing activity.
There are many more ideas of how you can contribute: Shape your role at Virail and get involved based on your own experiences and wishes.
- 3+ years experience with PHP development.
- 1+ year experience with React library.
- Good understanding of frontend technologies.
- Good knowledge of CSS, SCSS, SASS.
- Familiar with MVC pattern based software development.
- Experience with API implementation.
- Experience with SQL/Postgres.
- Experience with Python.
- Loves to work with Unix environments (we use Debian internally).
- Good communication in English.
- Knowledge of ETL processes for data management
- Familiar with Redis, Scrapy framework.
- Contribution to the open source community.
You like to work independently and being the owner of your tasks. Of course you won’t be left alone and your peers will support you any time. You have an agile mindset and support the idea of self-managed teams.
What we offer
- Prime office location in the heart of Berlin.
- Open remote work policy.
- Competitive salary.
- Freedom of using the tools you want.
- Unrestricted freedom to apply your ideas to a fast growing business, coupled with mentorship from experienced professionals.
- Free coffee and snacks.