- star_border Medical, dental, vision, life, disability
- star_border Matched 401K plan
- star_border Generous vacation allowances, floating holidays, and sick leave
- star_border Continued Education Reimbursement
- star_border Free coffee and snacks
SemanticBits is seeking a DevOps Engineer to support the automation and deployment needs of highly scalable healthcare systems. You will work hand-in-hand with development teams to implement automation solutions using technologies like Amazon Web Services (AWS), Ansible, Jenkins, Kubernetes, ECS, and Terraform to automatically build, test, integrate, and deploy complex, modern systems. You will leverage the full power of the cloud to configure highly resilient and scalable applications that support zero downtime. This is a remote position.
- Candidate must reside in the United States
- Solid hands-on working experience with configuring and maintaining resources on AWS.
- Hands-on understanding of Docker. Be able to write Dockerfiles. Experience with Docker Compose is a plus.
- Familiar with at least one container orchestration platform. ECS or Kubernetes is preferred. Have an understanding and experience of both deploying and maintaining these systems.
- Experience with production deployments using Jenkins. Familiarity with jenkinsfiles is a plus.
- Strong knowledge of Terraform (preferred) and/or CloudFormation.
- Knowledge of scripting or programming – Bash, Powershell, Python is a plus.
- Knowledge of a configuration management tool, such as Ansible.
- Deep, hands-on experience with Linux and administration.
- Expertise with cloud security, understand the principle of least privilege. Be experienced with securing S3 buckets and IAM configurations. Understand security groups and access controls.
- Experience with and a strong understanding of secret management along with the practice of good security hygiene.
- Experience with Atlassian tooling such as Jira and Confluence preferred.
- Understand how web applications work and the common tools around them.
- Understand the 12 factor app.
- Knowledge of networking fundamentals is appreciated.
Competitive base salary
Three weeks of PTO
Ten paid holiday days
Comprehensive health benefits (medical with HSA option, dental, and vision)
Professional development and training reimbursement
401k retirement plan with matching benefit
100% paid short-term and long-term disability
100% paid life insurance
Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
Casual working environment
Flexible working hours
SemanticBits, LLC is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are also a veteran-friendly employer.